The Arlington Art Truck visits the Farmers’ Market this Saturday with pre-packaged kid’s art projects for you to take away and make at home. Pick up your art kits from the Truck and then head to the Market for snacks to tide you over while you create! We should always make time for art! Find your inspiration at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, October 24, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
King Mushroom Farm
Westover Market favorite King Mushrooms joined the Farmers Market last weekend and will be with us this Saturday and all the market days in November. Located in Barclay, Maryland, King Mushrooms offers fresh, local, gourmet mushrooms. They also feature mushroom soup, dried mushrooms (which are great in your own soups!), and marinated mushrooms. And you have to take a look at the grow-your-own-mushroom bags, perfect for those of you who want to experiment and harvest your very own mushrooms! Stop by and check it out!
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 medium shallots
- 1 pound fresh, shelf-stable, or frozen potato gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 400ºF
- Slice 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms, chop 2 medium shallots, and place both on a rimmed baking sheet. Add 1 pound fresh, shelf-stable, or frozen potato gnocchi. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil, season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and toss well to combine. Spread out in an even layer.
- Roast, stirring halfway through, until the gnocchi are plump and the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes total. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.
Recipe from www.kitchn.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!