This week, we celebrate our farmers market vendors, market managers, volunteers, and all of you, the customers, who have helped to keep the Lubber Run Farmers Market not just going, but thriving, in this challenging time. We appreciate you! Farmers markets have always been a way to preserve America’s local farms and farmland, stimulate local economies, increase access to fresh, nutritious food, and support healthy communities, values that matter to all of us now more than ever. So come do your part by visiting us Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, July 18, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
Old Blue BBQ of Alexandria, VA, joined the Market last weekend with breakfast burritos, brisket, pulled pork and sausage sandwiches, sides, sauces, marinades, and more, all for you to take away and enjoy! Stop by and say welcome!
Kuhn Orchards joins the Market this weekend with an extensive selection of tree fruit and more. Kuhn’s is a fifth generation family orchard from the “fruitbelt” just outside of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Be sure to check out their wide selections of peaches, plums, cherries, pears, apricots, and apples, as well as ciders, jams, and spreads, and keep an eye out for hazelnuts and chestnuts later in the season!!
Commonwealth Bee Company of Falls Church, VA, joins the Market this weekend as an alternative week vendor, offering locally sourced Northern Virginia wildflower honey and raw pollen, as well as a variety of honeybee products, including soaps, candles, and lip balms. Don’t miss this great new addition to the market!
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Grilled Peaches with
3 tbsp good olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash of kosher salt
- 4 medium peaches, pitted and halved
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 tbsp half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Combine melted butter, 1 tbsp honey, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl. Add peaches, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange peaches on grill pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Combine yogurt, half-and-half, remaining 1 tbsp honey, and vanilla in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve with peaches and raspberries. Garnish with mint leaves, as desired.
Recipe from myrecipes.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!