Have you tried the LRFM pre-order site? Everyone loves it! Customers love it because you can get exactly what you want, order from multiple vendors at once, pre-pay and speed up trips to the market, and, best of all, sleep in and still know your favorites will be there whenever you arrive. Vendors love pre-orders because it helps them plan, guarantees a sale, helps with efficient preparation for the market, and prevents food waste. It’s a win-win! Try it out today for pick up in Saturday’s market! And grab anything else you might need (or just want!) at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, September 26, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Smashed Peach & Poblano Grilled Cheese
- 2 medium peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper (optional)
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 3 ounces sliced sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 large fresh poblano pepper, roasted* and cut into strips
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
*To Roast Poblanos
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut poblano pepper in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Place cut sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Wrap in foil. When cool enough to handle, peel and discard skin. Chill up to 3 days.
Recipe from www.bhg.com
- If desired, sprinkle cut sides of peach halves with ground chile. Using a potato masher or the flat side of a meat mallet, gently smash peach halves to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Top two bread slices with cheese slices. Add two peach halves, poblano strips, and bacon to each. Top with remaining bread slices. Butter both sides of each sandwich.
- Cook sandwiches in a hot skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted. Turn; repeat on other side until cheese melts. Makes 2 sandwiches.
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!