Stock up on everything you need for a week of meals at the Lubber Run Farmers Market. Try Pork Tenderloin with Three Berry Salsa, Fresh Corn and Tomato Fettuccine, Grilled Eggplant Pita Pizzas, Cherry Chicken Lettuce Wraps, or Ginger Salmon with Cucumber Lime Sauce. Or see the yummy, healthy (or healthier, anyway) take on Pizza Casserole below. You can’t go wrong! Plan for the week at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, July 11, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
July Produce Calendar
Apples – Basil – Beans (Green, Snap) – Beets – Blackberries – Blueberries – Cabbage – Cantaloupe – Carrots – Chard – Cherries – Cilantro – Corn – Cucumbers – Eggplant – Garlic – Green Onions, Scallions – Greens (Collard, etc.) – Kale – Leeks – Lettuce – Lima Beans – Melons – Mint – Mushrooms – Nectarines – Onions – Oregano – Parsley – Peaches – Peas (Snap, Snow, Pod) – Peppers – Potatoes – Radishes – Raspberries – Sage – Shallots – Sorrel – Spinach – Strawberries – Summer Squash – Sweet Potatoes – Tomatoes – Watermelon – Zucchini
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
- 4 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey or Italian sausage, or, for a veggie option, a combo of mushrooms and chopped cauliflower)
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place zucchini in colander; sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then squeeze out moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, Parmesan, and half of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Press into a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef, garlic, onion, and spices, over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce; spoon over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; add green pepper. Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes longer.
- Freeze option: Cool baked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap casserole; reheat on a lower oven rack until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!