It’s the spooky time of year! For those in walking distance, be sure to admire all the fabulous Halloween decorations in the neighborhood as you walk to the market. Once there, stock up on healthy fruits and vegetables to counteract all that candy! And Saturday morning is not too late to grab a pumpkin or two! The Market is boo!-ming this time of year (see what I did there?)! Come by for your treats at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, October 31, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Jack O Lantern
- 4 orange bell peppers
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground pork or sausage
- 1 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes (or roast your own!)
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut off and reserve top of each pepper. Remove and discard cores and seeds. Using a sharp paring knife, carve a Jack O’Lantern face into each pepper. Drizzle the inside of each pepper with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the peppers upright in a large baking dish along with the pepper tops.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add beef/pork and cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Turn off heat and drain fat.
- Return skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in chili powder. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, 1/2 cup chicken broth, cooked rice and 3/4 cup of cheese. Stir until evenly combined.
- Divide rice and beef mixture between hollowed out peppers. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock into pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.
Recipe from www.delish.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!