Time to enjoy the fruits of our labors, and especially those of our farmers and vendors! Start out your Labor Day weekend with a visit to the Farmers Market for everything you need for a holiday celebration! Grab one of everything at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, September 5, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Farmers Market Enchiladas
- 1½ lb yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1½ lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 2 cups diced sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1½ cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Recipe from plainchicken.com
A perfect side dish with chicken, burgers, or your favorite Labor Day main dish!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9x13x2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, squash and onion. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic and cook and additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir together cooked zucchini, squash, onion, corn, white cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Combine melted butter, remaining breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes.
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!