Time to celebrate Mom! And the Farmers Market is here to help you do it. Fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and plants from our farm vendors will always make her smile. Plan breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner from any combination of her favorite prepared foods vendors. And don’t forget to pre-order your special Mother’s Day baked goods from Baguette Republic, J’aime Madeleine, and For the Love of Goodies! Find all the things moms love most (other than her kids, of course!) at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, May 8, from 8 a.m. to noon. We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit at the end of the market at N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Market staff and volunteers will be monitoring how many customers are in the market at any one time in order to comply with physical distancing rules. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Please no eating or drinking in the market. Pick up your prepared foods and exit the market area before removing your face covering to consume your goodies.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
NEW 2021 VENDOR!!
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Perfect for Mom’s Breakfast in Bed!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, sour cream, or buttermilk
- 1 heaping cup hulled and diced fresh strawberries
- 1 large egg
For the Glaze:
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter; melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; sifted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract OR 1 drop lemon oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease a scone pan if you have one).
- In medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gently mix in diced strawberries
- In small bowl, whisk yogurt and egg until smooth. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until large dough clumps form (be careful not to squish the berries). Use your hands to press the dough into a ball. The dough will be crumbly at first, but as you press, the dough will come together. (If dough is too dry, add up to 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together)
- If not using a scone pan, place dough ball on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Or, gently press the dough evenly into the scone pan. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, prepare glaze by mixing together glaze ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones and enjoy!
Recipe from somethewiser.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!