I know, I know, summer is great with its corn and peaches and fall is colorful and bountiful! But, oh, Spring! Pretty flowers, potted herbs, fresh greens, and new veggies after a long winter — there is nothing better! Come celebrate spring at the Farmers Market this weekend. Breathe the fresh air (through your face mask) and shop our new, expanded vendor selection. You’ll be glad you did! Don’t forget your pre-orders! Check us out at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to noon. We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit at the end of the market at N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Market staff and volunteers will be monitoring how many customers are in the market at any one time in order to comply with physical distancing rules. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Please no eating or drinking in the market. Pick up your prepared foods and exit the market area before removing your face covering to consume your goodies.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
NEW 2021 VENDORS!!
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing
Oregano Grilled Chicken:
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 chicken breasts weighing 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 Teaspoon dried
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 cups washed mixed greens, 10 ounces
- 12 mini sweet peppers, or 1 large red bell pepper, 8 ounces
- 1 large cucumber, 14 ounces
- 1 red onion, 10 ounces
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or a mixture of parsley and cilantro
- 1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds, not raw
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2–1 Teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Whisk together olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, sea salt, and garlic. Add chicken breasts to marinade and coat. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to make salad, preheat grill over high heat.
- While grill is heating, start prep. Place washed greens into large serving bowl.
- De-stem and de-seed pepper(s). Cut pepper(s) into thin strips, and then slice crosswise into bite sized cubes.
- Cut both ends off cucumber and cut into quarters lengthwise. Slice quarters crosswise to create thin triangular slices.
- Slice both ends off onion and peel. Cut in half from top to bottom. Lay each half flat side down and cut across the rounded top into thin half moon slices.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, and place all prepped veggies on greens.
- When grill reaches a steady 400º-450ºF, place chicken on grill, and immediately lower heat to medium, maintaining temperature of 350º-400ºF. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken loosens and is easy to turn over. Turn chicken breasts, and grill for another 8 minutes or so, or until no longer pink in center. When done, remove from grill and set aside to cool, and then cut into bite sized pieces and add to salad.
- For dressing, add all ingredients except olive to blender. Blend on low, and add olive oil in slow steady drizzle, increasing speed at the end to help emulsify the dressing.
- Toss salad with dressing or serve on the side.
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!