Fall colors are not limited to the leaves on the trees. The Farmers Market is at its most colorful in the fall! Reds, oranges, yellows, greens, and purples. Find one of each and fill your baskets with your own personal rainbow at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, October 10, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Dutch Apple Bread
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled green apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 5 tbsp cold butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and stir to incorporate. Mix in flour, salt, and baking powder. Fold in apples and nuts. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- For topping, combine all ingredients and mix with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean.
- Let cool. Remove from pan. Whisk glaze ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over top of bread. Slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe from www.butterwithasideofbread.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!