It is time to celebrate Dad and you can do it up right by picking up everything you need for your Father’s Day celebrations at the Farmers Market! And, while you’re at it, don’t forget to celebrate our newly-declared federal holiday, Juneteenth! Whether it is meat for the grill from Harmony Hill, Hog Haven, or the Fermented Pig, salad (or fruit salad) components from Twin Springs, Barajas, Linda Vista, or Kuhn Orchards, or sweet treats from Ana’s Twist, Baguette Republic, For the Love of Goodies, or J’aime Madeleine, the Market has you covered. Or, bypass all the hunting and gathering and just order up the whole feast from Old Blue BBQ or Ozfeka and call it done! Show Dad some love at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, June 19, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Farmers Market Salsa
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive, plus extra for brushing
- 6-8 sprigs cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste (optional)
- 4 (1½-inch-thick) boneless rib-eye steaks
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
Recipe from parade.com
- Arrange oven rack 6 inches from broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- Place tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and garlic on a sheet pan; brush with oil. Broil 3-5 minutes per side or until charred (onions may take a little longer). Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- In food processor, combine cooled vegetables, 1 Tbsp oil, cilantro, and juice of 1 lime. Pulse to form a chunky salsa. Transfer salsa to a serving bowl; season to taste with salt, pepper and, if desired, sugar. (Makes about 2 cups.)
- Remove steaks from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cover loosely; let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Pat steaks dry; brush with oil. Grill 5-7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes. Slice steak across grain. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!