Start your 4th of July celebrations off right with a trip to the Lubber Run Farmers Market. Want to grill? We have your meat! Check out JMM Livestock, the fermented pig, or Hog Haven. Want to bake a pie? We have your fruit! Check out Twin Springs, Barajas, Pleitez, or Kilmer’s. Need something sweet? Try J’aime Madeleine, or Baguette Republic. A frozen treat? Check out Ana’s Twist. Thirsty? La Coop cold brew hits the spot. Need something to tide you over until dinner? Go for Dmitri’s olives paired with cheese from Cheese Goatees, some delicious jam from Great Valley, and a salumi from the fermented pig. Not interested in standing over a hot stove? Ozfeca and Ana’s Twist have your pre-made food options, or there’s always a salad! We’ve got it all! Visit us at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, July 4, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Congratulations to Carol, Last Week’s Raffle Winner!
Carol received a Farmers Market bag filled with vendor goodies, including:
Extra virgin olive oil from Dimitri’s
Certificate for breakfast from Hog Haven
2xCherries And a dozen peaches from Kilmer’s
Raspberries from Pleitez Produce
Certificate for drinks from Ana’s Twist
Sweet pickle relish from Great Valley Farms
1lb medium roast coffee from La Coop
Chocolate croissant from Baguette Republic
Cupcake from Lauren’s Southern Sweets
Mug and assorted madeleines from J’aime Madeleine
A runner-up received salmon spread from Cold Country Salmon.E
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Grilled Chicken Thighs with Peach Salsa
- 8 medium sized chicken thighs, skinned & trimmed of any fat
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- zest & juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
For The Salsa:
- 3 large or 4 medium sized ripe peaches
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored & seeded
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 small hot red chili pepper, minced (optional)
- Cut the peaches and red pepper into a 1/2 inch dice, then place in a bowl along with onion, parsley, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and chili pepper if using.
- Toss to mix well, cover and set aside.
- In a shallow casserole dish, mix the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, ginger, garlic, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and then add the chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire for grilling or preheat a gas grill, and arrange a rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat.
- Brush or spray the grill rack with oil and arrange the thighs on the rack.
- Grill the chicken 5 to 7 minutes per side or until opaque and cooked through.
- Place the grilled thighs on a platter, top with the peach salsa and serve.
Recipe from reciperebuild.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!