We are SO excited to see all of you again and all of our vendors for our sixth year! Looking forward to kicking off the season on a beautiful Saturday on April 15th! See you at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, April 15, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Once again there will be a wide variety of vendors offering locally grown seasonal fruits and vegetables; farm fresh eggs; fish, beef, and pork products; baked goods; sweet treats; and gourmet prepared foods. Fresh cut flowers, potted herbs, and other plants also will be available. Come visit your old favorites and meet some new vendors on opening day!
And, as if all that wasn’t enough, Lubber Run’s goat cheese vendor, Faerie Springs Farms, will bring along some baby goats to join the fun! They are super cute and looking forward to celebrating opening day and meeting you!!
We’ll see you at the Market!
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! In particular, we’re looking for greeters and help with social media. Interested? Have another skill we might be able to use?
JOIN US ON OPENING DAY TO VISIT WITH BABY GOATS FROM FAERIE SPRINGS FARM!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market is committed to helping our neighbors in need. An AFAC Collection Box is available at every Market. Please consider purchasing extra fruits and vegetables from our vendors while you shop or bring canned goods, cereals, or other non-perishable items to the Market for drop off.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
- 2 tbsp oil, such as vegetable or olive
- 1-3 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounce)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (small bite-sized pieces)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- hot cooked rice
- fish sauce, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro for serving
- cashews or cashew pieces, optional
- In large saute pan or cast iron skillet, heat oil and curry over medium to medium-high heat, stirring to combine well. Let cook until it starts to smell very fragrant and is well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in coconut milk and add pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Add the cauliflower pieces. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy.
- Stir in bell pepper, peas, soy sauce, turmeric powder, and sugar. Simmer for additional 5 to 10 minutes until veggies are tender (but not overcooked) and everything is well combined.
- Serve curry over hot cooked rice with a dash of fish sauce, a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime on the top. Don’t skip these – they are a must for finishing off the dish. More soy sauce to taste can be substituted for fish sauce. Optional: add a few tablespoons of cashews to the top before eating.
Recipe from blessthismessplease.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!