Thanks to all of our vendors for a spectacular farmer’s market season! And thanks to all of you for coming out every weekend to support local farmer’s and producers-we love fresh produce! During our last market day, we will have your regular vendors as well as a few local artists selling and showcasing their work. Come out to join us for an extra special day and grab your Thanksgiving day groceries. We will have our AFAC box ready for donations that you can purchase at the market or bring from home. We look forward to seeing you there!
We are still looking for a few more local Arlington Artists to set up their own table and tent on our very last market day, November 18th. Artists will be allowed to sell their crafts on our last day Craft Fair! Please contact Deniese Degges at [email protected] with your name, email, phone number, a description of what you sell, prices and a few images.
See you at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, November 18th, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Just a reminder: Our last market day is November 18th this year. Our sister market, Westover Farmer’s Market will run through the full winter season.
Did you know that Lubber Run Farmers Market is one of four Arlington farmers markets hosted by Field to Table? FTT is dedicated to building communities through the encouragement of healthful eating. In addition to offering a marketplace or local producers, FTT also gives back directly to the Arlington community through monetary donations to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) and other local organizations that provide access to nutritious groceries and/or promote education about local agriculture and nutrition. Swing by for a pleasant start of yourLocal Artist Perla Showell: is: https://www.perlascanvas.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/perlascanvas
Local Artist Karen McElfish
Local Artist Claire Polsinelli
Local Artists Elke and Susanne Seefeldt
Elke Seefeldt: @rayelke, Susanne Seefeldt: @susanne8987
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! In particular, we’re looking for greeters and help with social media. Interested? Have another skill we might be able to use?
The Lubber Run Farmers Market is committed to helping our neighbors in need. An AFAC Collection Box is available at every Market. Please consider purchasing extra fruits and vegetables from our vendors while you shop or bring canned goods, cereals, or other non-perishable items to the Market for drop off.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Apples
- 1qt Brussel Sprouts (Twin Springs, Barajas Produce, Linda Vista Farms)
- 2 medium size Apples (I enjoyed Ludacrisp from Twin Springs)
- Olive oil to drizzle (Dmitri’s)
- Balsamic to drizzle (Dmitri’s)
- Bacon (Greenwich Natural Farms)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse your brussel sprouts and apples. Chop the bottoms off of those brussel sprouts and slice in half. Core the apples and dice in a medium size.
- Toss in a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a golden brown color. Make sure to stir every 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon as much as you desire onto your plate and add a thin drizzle or a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!
- A few fun alternatives: add bacon, serve with meatloaf or chicken and mashed potatoes.
Recipe from: The Market Manager, Deniese Degges
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help!