Kick off National Farmers Market Week with a visit to the Lubber Run Farmers Market! We are so excited to celebrate National Farmers Market Week with you! This annual celebration highlights the vital role farmers markets play in the nation’s food system.
How can you celebrate the week with us?
- Shop regularly at your farmers market – and tell your friends to do the same!
- Local food fans are encouraged to share National Farmers Market Week on social media! Use the #LoveMyMarket and #FarmersMarketWeek to share the bounty of the season on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Volunteer with us! We need your help to keep the market running smoothly!
Melons and berries are the big draw this week but the first of the freestone peaches should also be on offer. Come find your summer fruits and veggies at the Lubber Run Farmers Market.at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, August 6, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pick-up! We’ll see you at the Market!
WE HAVE SWAG!!!
2022 Market Map
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
The fan favorite way to shop the Farmers Market is back! Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
For the Peach Scones
- 1 ½ pound cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes or to taste
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
- 3 spring onion, thinly sliced
- salt, black pepper to taste
Recipe from paleogrubs.com
1. Place melon, tomatoes, and garlic in a blender or food processor and blend until really smooth.
2. Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Blend until combined.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Heat non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
6. Add prosciutto and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until crisp.
7. Spoon gazpacho into bowls and top with cucumber, spring onions, and crumbled crispy prosciutto.
8. Drizzle with extra olive oil and serve.
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!