We had a GREAT Opening Day! If we missed you, we look forward to seeing you this Saturday. We posted some photos so it feels like you were there last weekend.
See you at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, April 15, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Once again there will be a wide variety of vendors offering locally grown seasonal fruits and vegetables; farm fresh eggs; fish, beef, and pork products; baked goods; sweet treats; and gourmet prepared foods. Fresh cut flowers, potted herbs, and other plants also will be available. Come visit your old favorites and meet some new vendors!
And, as if all that wasn’t enough, Lubber Run’s goat cheese vendor, Faerie Springs Farms, will bring along some baby goats to join the fun! They are super cute and looking forward to celebrating opening day and meeting you!!
We’ll see you at the Market!
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! In particular, we’re looking for greeters and help with social media. Interested? Have another skill we might be able to use?
The Lubber Run Farmers Market is committed to helping our neighbors in need. An AFAC Collection Box is available at every Market. Please consider purchasing extra fruits and vegetables from our vendors while you shop or bring canned goods, cereals, or other non-perishable items to the Market for drop off.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound strawberries, washed and diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat vinegar in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer until reduced by about half, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine strawberries and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grill bread on the preheated grill until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread goat cheese on toasted bread. Add black pepper, salt, and reduced vinegar to the strawberry mixture. Spoon over the goat cheese topped bruschetta. Garnish with additional thyme.
Recipe from https://www.allrecipes.com/gallery/spring-strawberry-ideas/
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!