The Lubber Run Farmers Market is pleased to welcome the new Cherrydale Farmers Market to the Arlington Farmers Market family! Also a Field to Table-sponsored market, the Cherrydale Market opened two weeks ago at the Dorothy Hamm Middle School at the intersection of Military Road and Vacation Lane. Now, don’t you go peeling off to another market just because it’s new — Lubber Run would miss you! But if you have friends over there, let them know that they have a new option on Saturday mornings! You, on other hand, should join us for all your farmers market shopping at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, July 17, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Petite Pasta Salad With Corn, Tomatoes and Feta
- 8 oz. salad-size dried pasta, such as small shells, farfalle, ditalini or tubetti
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cut into 1/4- to 1/2 inch dice (1 1/4 cups)
- Kernels from 2 ears of cooked corn (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, corn, feta, chives, parsley, balsamic and red wine vinegars, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in large bowl. Toss to coat evenly; let sit for 10 minutes.
Drain pasta and rinse with cool water. Shake off any excess moisture, then add pasta to tomato-corn mixture. Toss to incorporate; add oil as needed.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe from washingtonpost.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!