We all know that the Farmers Market is about the freshest, locally grown fruits and vegetables, and we have those in abundance. But, LRFM also has lots of opportunities to indulge in the best of baked goods. Whether it’s a fancy almond croissant from Baguette Republic, a cupcake or a gorgeous decorated cookie (or kit to decorate your own) from Lauren’s Southern Sweets, yummy Turkish cookies from Ozfeca, or the perfect WFH lunch, baked empanadas from Ana’s Twist, we have something for you! Indulge a little this weekend! And also pick up those fruits and veggies for when it’s time to get back on track! Stop by Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, July 18, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
No changes as Arlington moves to Phase 3
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit in the parking lot closest to N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the N. Henderson entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Gatekeepers will be monitoring how many customers are in market space at any one time in order to comply with the requirements of physical distancing. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Only one adult family member should enter the market to pick up purchases.
- Kindly leave kids at home. We love children, but they add to crowding at market and pose a risk to our senior shoppers.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Baguette Republic is a local traditional artisan bakery offering a large variety of artisan breads, pastries, and viennoiseries using the best European techniques and tradition. Their breads have a full shape, an airy crumb, and a thick brown crust. The dough is allowed plenty of time for fermentation and baking. As a result, each loaf looks beautiful, smells extraordinary, and tastes exceptional! This week, Baguette Republic is highlighting its “renewed” sourdough baguette and batard — bringing the “sour” back in sourdough! Available at the Lubber Run Farmers Market this weekend or pre-order for Saturday pick-up!
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
- 3 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 small French bread or boule, cut into 1-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1/2 and thinly sliced
- 20 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the bread and salt; cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently, for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. Add more oil as needed.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk all the ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, basil, and capers. Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Serve, or allow the salad to sit for about half an hour for the flavors to blend.
Recipe from foodnetwork.com
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market runs on volunteers, who help vendors set up and take down, staff the Market Tent, and oversee market policies. It’s easy to volunteer. Click here to sign-up!