Saturday is the last market day of 2021! And to mark the end of the farmers market season and the beginning of the holidays, we have the Arlington Art Truck on hand with a perfect project as we approach Thanksgiving week! Arlington printmaker Justyne Fischer selected five prominent women educators and activists of varying backgrounds that reflect Arlington’s diversity — Hazel Mahler, Dorothy Hamm, Dr. Evelyn Reid Syphax, Dr. Phoebe Hall Knipling, and Dr. Emma Violand-Sánchez — to create postcards. Use the postcards to write a note to a teacher, mentor, parent, student or community member, or anyone to whom you want to express gratitude this season!
And while we’re talking gratitude, thank you to our wonderful vendors, market managers, market committee members, our fantastic market volunteers, and, of course, our fabulous patrons, for a great and successful market season! Swing by Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, November 20, between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pick-up! We’ll see you at the Market!
Lubber Run may be ending for the season, but you can still get your favorites at the Westover Farmers Market on Sunday mornings. in front of the Westover Library at 1644 N. McKinley Road in Arlington, from 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Visit the Westover Winter Market! Lubber Run will be back April 16, 2022!
Barajas Produce● Cold Country Salmon ● Dimitri Olive Farms ● Faerie Springs Farm ● For the Love of Goodies ● Great Valley Farms ● Harmony Hill Farm ● Hog Haven Farm ● King Mushrooms ● Linda Vista Farm ● Ozfeka Catering ● The Fermented Pig● Twin Springs Fruit Farm
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Thanksgiving Stuffing with Cranberries, Sage, and Butternut Squash
- 1 package canned buttermilk biscuits (8 pack)
- 3 cups peeled & diced organic butternut squash
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt & pinch of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Cook the biscuits according to package directions, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter, add the butternut squash and onions and cook, stirring occasionally until the squash is soft, about 8-10 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and garlic to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Chop the biscuits into bite size pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine the squash mixture with the biscuits, cranberries, and 1/2 cup of stock.
- Spread the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Recipe from handmadeintheheartland.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!