It has been a glorious week and Saturday morning should be no different! A perfect time to bring out the whole clan for breakfast at the Farmer’s Market! We have every breakfast goodie your heart desires, whether it’s the tried and true coffee and doughnuts at La Coop Coffee and Kaye’s Mini Doughnuts; the sophisticated fresh fruit juice and croissant from Ana’s Twist and Baguette Republic, the European-style meat and cheese from the Fermented Pig and Caputo Brothers, or a gourmet omelet with eggs from Harmony Hill and your choice of farm veggies, salsa from Great Valley Farms, Cold Country salmon, King Mushrooms, and/or Faerie Springs goat cheese. Top it all off with fresh berries from any of our farm vendors, and, of course, who could forget the famous Hog Haven breakfast sandwich! Everyone is sure to find a favorite! Start your morning off right at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, June 26, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Strata
- 1 medium sweet potato (2 cups cubed)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 8 ounces stale whole wheat sourdough bread (7 to 8 thick slices)
- 4 ounces shredded fontina, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
Recipe from thekitchn.com
- Prep strata the night before you plan to serve it. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/4-inch cubes. Toss with onion, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread in single layer on baking sheet or roasting pan, and roast until are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and scoop hot sweet potatoes and onions on top. Stir, letting spinach wilt from the heat of the roasted vegetables. Cube bread and add to bowl, along with 2 ounces of cheese, rosemary, and chives. Toss until well combined
- Lightly grease 9×9-inch (or 2 1/2 quart) baking dish. Scoop bread mixture into dish, evenly distributing the spinach and sweet potatoes. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour over bread mixture, pressing down to submerge bread completely in egg mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove strata from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350˚F. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 2 ounces of cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes until strata has puffed and cheese is browning. Serve with an extra sprinkle of chives.
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!