Oh, the blackberry! The Farmers Market’s blackberries will spoil you forever when it comes to blackberries. Grocery store pints simply cannot compare to a fresh-off-the-vine blackberry from one of our farm vendors. They are so sweet and bursting with flavor — amazing! I love them with greek yogurt, granola, and just a dab of honey. Or you can try them in pies, cobblers, cakes, salads, or even cocktails, or just eat them straight out of the basket they came in! Kuhn Orchards is having a special — a 12 pint flat of blackberries for $66! Too many for you? Find a neighbor and share! Blackberries are the star of the show at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, August 7, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Blackberry Peach Buttermilk Pie
It’s like summer in a pie!
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 10-inch skillet or pie pan.
- Let pie dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll one pie crust into a 14 inch circle. Repeat with second pie crust.
- Brush one pie crust with water.. Place the second crust on top. Transfer to prepared pan, pressing into bottom and up the sides. Crimp edges as desired.
- Layer blackberries in prepared crust. Arrange peaches over blackberries. Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour and salt. Mix in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Stir in melted butter. Carefully pour over fruit.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until center is golden brown and set. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe from letsdishrecipes.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!