As summer slowly gives way to fall, be sure to explore all the summery goodness at the farmers market! Watermelon, corn, tomatoes, peaches, zucchini, so much summer! Take it all in! Bask in the heat, listen to the bees, grab a cold drink or a sorbet, and let summer wash over you. It’ll be gone soon enough! Find your summer favorites at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, August 28, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
- Balsamic Vinegars at Dimitri Olive Farms.
- Mango and Tomato Gazpacho at Ana’s Twist.
- Honey and other bee goods from Commonwealth Bee.
- Tomato Galette from For the Love of Goodies.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Pesto Corn Salad with Shrimp
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Cut corn from cob and place in bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!