In case you missed it (really, how could you?), the cicadas have arrived! And, boy, do they make their presence known! Did you know that cicadas are considered good luck in the south of France!? Me either! But our own amazing Chef Patrice assures us it is true, so let’s enjoy the little buggers and appreciate the luck they apparently are bringing our way. Stop by J’aime Madeleine to grab a cookie (or a dozen!) and hear all about it! Watch the cicadas fly (and pick up your goodies for the long weekend) at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, May 29, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons attending the market. Vendors are required to wear face masks.
- Subject to further clarification from the Governor, two-way traffic is back!!! (But, please bear with us if things change between publication of this newsletter and market opening!)
- Please no eating or drinking in the market (maybe? we’re still awaiting clarification on this one!). For now, let’s assume that customers should pick up prepared foods and exit the main market area before consuming goodies. Up-to-date info on market day!
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Apparently, people are eating them. I am not. I couldn’t even stomach the pictures much less bring myself to try a recipe. But, maybe you are more adventurous than me! Here’s a few to try. Stop by the Market Tent and tell us your favorite and maybe, when the cicadas return in 17 years, we’ll publish a recipe. Maybe….
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!