With the recent announcements from the CDC and the Governor, the Lubber Run Farmers Market is loosening a few restrictions for this week’s market. Please be patient with us; we’re doing our best to keep up with the rapidly changing environment while making sure that we are compliant with all relevant laws and maintaining a safe and healthy market space for our community. Starting this weekend, consistent with CDC and Virginia guidance, facial coverings remain required for vendors, but are no longer required for those who have been fully vaccinated. At Virginia farmers markets, however, facial coverings remain recommended for everyone, regardless of your vaccination status. We know some of you have continuing safety concerns, have vulnerable family members at home, or just love to show off that new fashion accessory, so if you want to mask up, please do! Eating and drinking is not yet allowed in the market space, but you are welcome to have your snack on the grassy areas behind the Market or in the areas at the front of the Barrett school outside of the Market’s entrance gates. We will continue to require one-way flow through the Market as physical distancing requirements have not yet been lifted for farmers markets, so please exit the Market area through one of the three marked exits and circle back around to the entrance if you would like to re-enter. Like we said, we’re doing our best! More changes likely in coming weeks so stay tuned! In the meantime, please come enjoy the great outdoors and get your shopping done at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, May 22, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup!We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons attending the market. Vendors are required to wear face masks.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit at the end of the market at N. Park (additional “quick exits” are marked). Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Market staff and volunteers will be monitoring how many customers are in the market at any one time in order to comply with physical distancing rules. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Customer may select their own produce but discussions with individual vendors should be in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Please no eating or drinking in the market. Customers should pick up prepared foods and exit the main market area before removing your face covering to consume your goodies.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Strawberry Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain mixture and set aside liquid, discarding solids.
- Sprinkle pork with garlic powder, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork in batches on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Return pork to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and pork is tender. Top each serving with cheese, onions and remaining strawberries.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!