Now is the time to plant your herbs! Whether you do so in pots, in a dedicated garden space, or just strewn where ever the winds take you, the Farmers Market is loaded up with a wide variety of potted herbs for you to choose from! Barajas Produce, Great Valley Farms, and returning vendor Pleitez Produce will all have herb plants on offer (and tomatoes, cucumbers, and other vegetables too)!. Roots ‘N Shoots has live flats of microgreens and don’t forget King Mushrooms’s grow-your-own kits! Bring your green thumbs to Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, May 1, from 8 a.m. to noon. We’ll see you (and your face masks) at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are required for all persons attending the market. Vendors are also required to wear face masks, as well as food-handling gloves.
- All customers should enter the market through the Barrett School parking lot entrance closest to N. Henderson. Only one-way traffic will be allowed in the market with the exit at the end of the market at N. Park. Once they have completed their shopping, customers can return to the entrance via the sidewalk near the school behind the vendor tents.
- Market staff and volunteers will be monitoring how many customers are in the market at any one time in order to comply with physical distancing rules. Please be patient as there may be an appropriately-spaced line to enter.
- Almost all food sold in the market will be prepackaged to minimize browsing. Discussions with individual vendors should in compliance with the 6-foot physical distancing rule.
- Please no eating or drinking in the market. Pick up your prepared foods and exit the market area before removing your face covering to consume your goodies.
- Credit card payments are encouraged by most vendors.
- Please don’t come to market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
NEW 2021 VENDOR!!
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Pre-Order at Lubber Run To Go!!
One-Stop Shopping from Multiple Vendors
for Saturday Pick-up!
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Choose-Your-Own Herb Pesto
- 6 cups fresh herbs and/or greens – our favorite combo is 3 cups basil, 2 cups spinach, & 1cup arugula
- ¼ cup nuts – such as pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, etc
- 1 tsp each kosher sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup low flavor oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan
Blanch herbs like basil to preserve its bright color: set a pot of water to boil and either hold basil by its stem or put in a metal colander – dunk in boiling water a few times, no longer than a second at a time, just until fragrant. Let cool and dry in a colander on paper towels.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust oil, salt and pepper to taste and consistency as needed! Enjoy!
Recipe from covingtonweekly.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!