The Farmers Market is a treasure trove when it comes to ingredients for homemade popsicles, perfect for bringing down the temperature as we head into summertime! Try strawberry beet, sour cherry, peach ginger, blueberry and rhubarb, or tomato basil peach, or use coconut water and your favorite cut fruit for a pop that is as yummy as it is pretty! And who says popsicles are just for kids? Add a cocktail kick with strawberry winesicle, amaretto sour cherry, or blackberry apricot tequila. The combinations are endless. Or, if you’re just too hot to make the effort, skip the blender and try out one of the delightful sorbets from Ana’s Twist! Beat the heat at Barrett Elementary School on Saturday, June 12, from 8 a.m. to noon. And don’t forget your pre-orders for Saturday pickup! We’ll see you at the Market!
Market Policy Reminders:
- Face coverings are recommended for all persons in the market.
- Please don’t come to the market if you are unwell or at high-risk.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you return home.
- If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to ask one of the market managers.
An interactive Market Map for each week of the Market is always available here.
Check out Lubber Run to Go! Order and pay ahead of time and pick up at the Market on Saturday morning! No need to worry if the things you need will be available — so you can focus on shopping for the things you want!
Be sure to take note of applicable ordering deadlines included in the site’s vendor descriptions.
Or click below for easy-access links and please note any applicable ordering deadlines on each site. And, remember, all vendors will have pre-packaged, grab-and-go goods available! Happy shopping!
NOTE: The following vendors do not currently have on-line pre-order capabilities but will be at the Market with grab-and-go products available:
The Farmer Market hosts an AFAC Collection Box every week! Please consider bringing along extra canned goods to drop off or purchasing fresh produce at the Market to donate! Together, we can feed Arlington!
RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Eggplant Parmesan Sliders
- 4 Roma tomatoes – cut in half, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper as needed
- olive oil as needed
- 1 eggplant – ends removed, cut into equal rounds
- kosher salt as needed
(roughly 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg – beaten
- canola oil for frying
- 1 round burrata cheese
- fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 buns
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat tomatoes in just enough oil to give them a nice rub. Toss in brown sugar and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour until skin is wrinkly and tomatoes are nice and juicy. Set aside to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, generously salt each eggplant round on both sides. Allow to sit and sweat for thirty minutes.
- Rinse eggplants completely and dry.
- Gather your dipping station with the beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Add enough oil to coat 1/2″ of a frying pan and heat to medium heat. Oil is ready when a few crumbs dropped in sizzle.
- Dip eggplant rounds into egg, then crumbs, then carefully transfer to hot oil and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add minced garlic. Brush onto each half of buns and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Layer buns with cheese and eggplant/tomato/basil
Recipe from vodkaandbiscuits.com
JOIN US AS A VOLUNTEER!!
The Lubber Run Farmers Market needs you! The Market thrives with community support, not just from its shoppers but also its volunteers. Find out how you can help! Click below! Click here to sign-up!